In South Asian countries Nigella Sativa is wildly used for medicine purpose as a Natural Remedy for various diseases. As per the history, the seeds are in use from last 2000 years. In most of the South Asian Countries the seeds are called by many names like Nigella Sativa, Black Cumin Seeds and Black Seeds. However in India it is also called as Kalonji. As per the Arabic History, the seeds have been used to cure every disease, so it is been also addressed as Blessed Seeds in Arabic Countries.
In different traditional medicine the raw seeds, seeds oil or the extract of the seeds have been used alone or in the combination with other medicine as an ingredient. The combination is commonly used for eczema, cough, headache, diabetes, asthma, infection and hyper tension. Due to the healing nature of the seeds, they are ranked top in herbal medicine. Thymoquinone is the bio active component which is around 30% to 48% present in the essential oil. Please find below the sum of the benefits of black cumin:
1. Nigella Seeds used as Anti-Diabetic:
Nigella Sativa seeds are highly recommended by many bio medical experts for the treatment of diabetes. The consumption for the seeds into your daily food habits will help in reducing the diabetic risk. The Black Cumin extract helps to surge or grow or improve more insulin in the body. The black cumin seeds oil plays an important role for controlling diabetes and cholesterol.
2. Helps to Protect Kidney and Kidney Stones:
The Nigella Seeds have been traditionally used for protecting the Kidney related issues especially for kidney stone. The black cumin seeds oil is effective against the Gentamycine kidney toxicity. The seeds’ extract also have the properties of healing the kidney injuries.
3. Helpful for Eczema and Skin Conditions:
The black cumin seeds oil is used for the treatment of skin related problems – such as worms and skin eruptions problem. The black cumin seeds oil is also used for eczema and boils.
4. Boost Immune System:
In the traditional remedies it has been mentioned that the Nigella Sativa seeds are great to improve immunity. The oral consumption of the Nigella Sativa seeds improves the ability of macrophages in the stomach which helps to destroy the invaders. The seeds extract helps to increase the volume of Natural Killer cell cytotoxicity to tumor cells.
Black Cumin Seeds Nutritional Values:
- Black Cumin seeds have the properties of non-starch polysaccharide component which is a good source of dietary fiber.
- The black cumin seed contains the monosaccharides in the form of glucose, rhamnose, xylose and arabinose.
- The black cumin seeds are rich in fatty acids. It is mainly for the unsaturated and essential fatty acids, which also include the Linolenic and Linoleic acid.
- The Black Cumin Seeds contains the Arginine. The Arginine plays an important role for growth of infants.
- The black cumin seed is a good source of Calcium, Iron, Sodium and Potassium
- The black cumin seed are a good source of B-Complex vitamins like Thiamine, Niacin and Folic acid.
To sum up the above, we, Organic Products India and Veerral Agro Tech are dealing into the Black Cumin / Kalonji from past two decades. We have been supplying the seeds as an Organic and Conventional form. Currently we are supplying to Europe, USA, Canada and Australia regions. We are helping many companies to procure the seeds at competitive price. We believe in supplying the quality material and we offer sortex cleaned purity 99.50% to our clients. Our both companies Organic Products India and Veerral Agro Tech follow international quality standards. Our both organisations are 100% Organic Certified by Control Union and we are also certified by HACCP, KOSHAR, and FSSC 22000.