The world’s second most popular spices are mustard Seeds. Mustard seeds are almost known for more than 5,000 years and known to be traded around the world in huge numbers. India is one of the prominent mustard manufacturers in the world. Canada, Bangladesh, China, Poland, Pakistan, France, and Sweden are also few other countries that manufacture and export mustard.
Mustard seeds are native to Asia, but nowadays they are cultivated as one of the main commercial crops in Canada, India, China, and some regions of Europe.
Varieties in Mustard
There are three main varieties of mustard grown across the world.
1) Black mustard seeds (Brassica nigra)
2) Brown mustard seeds (Brassica juncea),
3) White/Yellow mustard Seeds (Brassica hirta/Sinapis alba).
Health Benefits Of Mustard Seeds
1) Mustard seeds are indeed a very rich source of phytonutrients, minerals, vitamins, and anti-oxidants. They are also high in calories, approximately 100 g of seeds provides 508 calories . The mustard seeds are having essential oils, proteins, minerals, vitamins, and dietary fiber.
2) As 100 g of mustards provide 4.733 mg of niacin i.e. vitamin B-3. Niacin is a part of nicotinamide coenzymes which helps to lower blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
3) Mustard seeds contain flavonoid and carotenoid antioxidants such as zeaxanthin and carotenes and lutein. Also in addition to that, the seeds compose a small number of vitamin antioxidants such as vitamin-K, vitamin-A, and vitamin C.
4) In the human body, manganese is used as a cofactor for the antioxidant enzyme superoxide dismutase. For the production of red blood cells, Copper is required. Iron is essential for red blood cell formation and cellular metabolism.
Facts About Mustard:
The mustard seed plant develops yellow flowers from the month of June to July. Flowers are bisexual (they contain both types of reproductive organs) and filled with nectar which attracts insects, the main pollinators of this plant.
The mustard plant is used in the treatment of asthma, rheumatism, high blood pressure, and migraines today. Some medical studies indicate that mustard has the potential to treat cancer and prevent stroke and heart attacks.
The Mustard Seeds have a compound like glucosinolates and myrosinase which helps to stop the cancer growth cell. The mustard seeds compound helps to acts as an anti oxide to fight against cancer cell formation in the human body.
Humans who are suffering from migraines can reduce the level of attack by including black Mustard Seeds in their daily diet. In black mustard seeds level of magnesium is high which helps to reduce the level of a migraine attack.
Blood Pressure And Menopausal Relief
Nutrients present in mustard seeds like Iron, copper, magnesium, and selenium assist in the treatment of blood pressure and menopause relief.
Black Mustard seeds are a really good source of dietary fibers which improve digestion in the human body. The fiber content is very readily soluble due to which is more effective for use.
Strengthens Teeth, Gums and Bones
Mustard contains phosphorus, manganese, magnesium, and calcium which helps increasing the teeth strength of the teeth and protects from bleeding gum and creating strong bones.
As mustard seeds contain minerals like copper, iron, and selenium which prevent asthma attacks.
Mustard seeds contain magnesium and selenium to relieve arthritis pain
Organic Products India is one of the leading mustard manufacturers, spices exporter from India. If you have any requirement of organic and conventional mustard seeds then kindly send us your valuable inquiry on firstname.lastname@example.org