Tag Archives: linseed suppliers

Health benefits of flaxseed - Organic Products India

FLAX –DIVERSIFIED CROP ON THE EARTH

Flax seed (Linseed) has a very long and diversified history. It is one of those crops having various benefits in different industries. It is an unknown fact that wild flax was used as a textile in earlier days. The evidence of which can be seen in Dzudzuana Caves Republic of Georgia and are dated to the Upper Paleolithic, 30,000 years ago. The Latin name of the flaxseed is Linum usitatissimum, which means “very useful”. In Egypt, flax textiles were worn by priests and was also a symbol of purity. Come today, flaxseed still dominates households and retail stores owing to the amazing health benefits it offers. Linseed suppliers have thus seen better days, especially since the last few decades.
Flax is grown as a seed and flax oil is used in nutritional supplements, wooden Industry for polishing. Flax is grown as an ornament in the garden and as stated it is also used as a textile. Every part of the linseed plant is utilized commercially, either directly or after processing. Flax fibre is extracted from the skin of the plant. Flax plant consists of 75% leaves and 25% stem. Flax fibres are stronger than cotton fibre but less elastic. Flaxseed is available in 2 variants brown and yellow flax seed. Both have similar nutritional value.
Flaxseed is one of the richest plant sources of the ω-3 fatty acid i.e. α-linoleic acid (ALA) (Gebauer et al. 2006; Tonon et al. 2011) and lignin (phytoestrogens) (Singh et al. 2011). The important flaxseed growing countries are Canada, China, United States, India and Ethiopia.
Apart from textile, flaxseed has its own importance in nutraceuticals and medical Industry.
The lignans in flaxseed may help it protect against a variety of cancers, especially if consumed for life as a part of a healthful diet and lifestyle. The lignin and other phytoestrogens are thought to help reduce the risk of chronic diseases, such as diabetes, because of an anti-inflammatory effect. Flax seed helps in lowering cholesterol level and rate of heart disease. The fibre, phytosterols, and omega-3 content of flaxseed may help boost heart health. The lignans it contains may help protect against cardiovascular and other chronic diseases.
Flax is the one of that crop which can be used fully. India is one of the major exporters of these flax seed. Organic Products India, Veerral Agro Tech are one of the major suppliers of conventional and organic products manufacturers in India. They are flaxseed suppliers, amaranth suppliers, sesame suppliers, black cumin seeds exporter etc…
To conclude with flax can be called as optimum utilized crop or an all-rounder crop which can be used in almost all the Industries. In coming days it will be one of the most important crops on the earth.